NKMA tuition is based on school year attendance. Kentucky requires 177, 6-hour instructional days of school within the public school system. NKMA provides 170 to 175, 7.25 hour instructional days of school each year, or the equivalent of nearly 20 more days of school than the public school system requires.
There is staggered, first day attendance in August, starting with the oldest children returning to school first. Subsequently, the younger children begin. By Labor Day week, all children have begun attending school. This staggered beginning to school is a hallmark of Montessori schools and is called “Phasing-In”.
- Before-care, No Charge
- Elementary (8:15 to 3:30) tuition is $9,171
- Kindergarten (8:15 to 3:30) tuition is $8,877
- Full-day Preschool (8:15 to 3:30) tuition is $8,657
- Half-day Preschool (8:15 to 11:15) tuition is $6,000
- After-care (3:30 to 5:30), available 2, 3 or 5 days per week, ranges from $980 to $2,275 per year.
The school year begins at the end of August, and continues through the Friday before Memorial Day in May. Breaks occur for teacher professional development, Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring holidays, as well as the occasional national holiday.